Our welcome back to cruising in August 2022.

 Pacific Explorer.  August 2022 Is there a better way to celebrate turning 18 than with a cruise. I know for sure that I wish my parents wer...

Monday, January 9, 2023

Our welcome back to cruising in August 2022.

 Pacific Explorer. 



August 2022

Is there a better way to celebrate turning 18 than with a cruise. I know for sure that I wish my parents were into cruising back when I was that age. 
We were supposed to be on Dora, Pacific Explorers alias, back in Feb 2020 but Rona has other ideas. 
Not one to let that stop me, we waited patiently... Ok so I booked at least 20 cruises in that time, only to have most of them cancelled. 
August 4th, 2022 was the day I walked the gangway for the first time in over 2 years. 
To say I was a little excited is a complete understatement, and I did warn my daughter that I would cry when I saw the ship. 


I did.



Check in was super smooth, we uploaded Verify which had our vax certs and health check already there. Had the P and O ap ready to go with our boarding passes, and were onboard within 20 minutes of walking in the terminal at White Bay. I can recommend that if someone has a mobility issue, do not hesitate to speak to the staff before entering about a wheelchair. The process is made even fasted and they are great at assisting you right to your cabin if it is ready to go. 




When we boarded, because we had got on so early and had to wait a little while for our cabin to be ready,

We headed to the pool deck for our first cocktail.

Mudslide for me, Fruit Tingle for Caitlin, and face time with those who were left behind from our girls weekend.





The obligatory picture of the Opera House. 

did you really cruise from Sydney if you dont get at least one?












Life is always a bit spesh when you have a bottle of
Moet waiting in your cabin. 


Sail away was awesome as usual. 
Being our first cruise in a while, we decided to just head to the back of the ship, which was pretty close to our cabin and take pics. It was raining, but not hard and that added to the glisten of the city lights. 
It was surreal and so much fun. 













That night we got our cabin in order, and put our breakfast order on the door for the first of 2 breakfasts in bed. 


This was part of a package I purchased called the Ultimate Romance Package. For $250 you get a Bottle of Moet, canapes and choc coated strawberries on arrival, dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant, or of they arent open the amount placed on your account as OBC, a photograph, canapes each evening, and breakfast in your cabin on 2 mornings of your choice. 


Day 1, we ordered far too much, but every cabin has a small fridge, so we placed leftovers in there and had nibbles all day long.




SO worth it. 


 Missy wouldnt get up, so I sat on the balcony and enjoyed a peaceful, breaky with a view you only get at sea. 





That night we celebrated Miss C's 18th in style at Lukes Bar and Grill. 
The food was incredible. 
And while these restaurants are not included in  the fare, I would recommend going at least once. 
For $45 per person, you get an amazing 3 course meal, and because I made sure it was in our booking that we were celebrating a birthday, the wait staff brought her a special piece of birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to her. 


Steak to die for

Beef Slider, I forgot to take a picture before I started eating

Bruschetta

Happy Birthday to you!!!



Canapes in our cabin every afternoon. 

Breakfast fit for a queen.









Yes, I DO think we ordered too much

Our little friend awaiting us one evening.


MMMMMM Bacon...







My favourite time of day is sunset. 












Then there is sunrise. 
I really cant decide which I love more. 









We tried our hand at trivia, and discovered that we needed a few extra team mates. 
Had a swim and hot tub in the AO section at the back of the ship while everyone else was on shore. 
Loved the feel of the ship, set out very well and easy to navigate. 








Last day onboard and I had to drink this all by myself
















Life is hard when you are cruising....

4 days was one of my shortest cruises, but being the first one back after such a long hiatus, it was wonderful. 



Back home and our harbour truly needs no introductions. 










We thoroughly enjoyed our Pacific Explorer voyage, and can not wait for April 2024 when Brian and I head off to Perth to board her for 10 nights and will sail some usually unseen coast of the northern Western Australia, as well as ticking my number 1 on my bucket list, swimming with Whale Sharks. 


Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments or contact us. 


Remember to always live your best life. 


Cruisin Roosters






No comments:

Post a Comment